Monday, September 12, 2011

Houses and Three Kids

Our townhouse is getting smaller. DS moved into a toddler bed in DD1's room so we could put the baby in the crib.

I have no space to myself. DS usually ends up in bed with us at some point during the night, as does the baby. Thank goodness for a king-size bed.

Additionally, the kids have no space to themselves. Granted they are at the ages where they want to be together, but the end up pissing each other off when they are together. UGH. DS wants to do what DD1 does. DD1 gets DS to do things he shouldn't do. And they both talk poop and boobies all day.

So, we have an offer in on another house, they countered, and we're going to counter back. I feel good that it will get accepted, or at least get close. I feel utterly overwhelmed, sad, excited and nervous that after 11 years, I'm going to have a single family house. I think its going to be more space for the kids to beat each other up. It won't be the same cozy neighborhood I've gotten used to, but it'll be good schools, and a totally different neighborhood...in a good way, I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house thingy. I hope it works out as I do understand the whole space issues! We are in a 'townhouse' (end terrace to us) and an extra room would do us good!!