Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Three kids, two dogs, and a cat

Life is pretty full right now, and I'm actually loving it. These kids are just so full of energy, love, crankiness, kisses, hugs and tears. I'm trying to give them a relaxed, no-stress summer, so other than two weeks away in the Outer Banks, we are going with the flow and just living life. I'm instagramming our summer, with an activity or two that we do each day. The summer is already too short. I'm thinking constantly about possibly trying for another baby. My life already is about my kids, so what's one more, right? I just perused the list of "suggested friends" on facebook and saw the people from high school that I'm just too scared to friend, because I think they won't remember me, or maybe I'm just not living a cool enough life. They're living all over the world, ridiculously successful, and here I am, a mom of three. (Three of the most beautiful children in the world.) Plenty of us have kids, are stay-at-home-moms, working moms, living life, and hopefully loving life. I really need to let go of any little jealousies I may be harboring, for what, I'm not even exactly sure. I love my family. I love this summer, because I'm not worried about keeping up with anyone but ourselves. I don't want to regret not having the child I don't have. Because I don't regret the life I gave up for this life. While it would be nice to take extensive vacations abroad - or even something just a plane ride away - my kids have fun together. I have fun with them. I hope this is the summer they always remember. And I hope I can make every summer just as memorable.

No comments: