I'm working very slowly towards setting up my own photography biz. I'm nervous as hell, but we could use the extra cash, and I could use the experience of facing my fears, moving out of my comfort zone.
I might start doing some promo shoots, like no charge, but you can buy prints if you want them, just to get started and get some work into a real online portfolio. I just have to get a contract drawn up!
I did think I got some good photos at the photo shoot last weekend. With the snowfall, it made for some gorgeous shots outside, but I was pretty unhappy with most of the 'posed' portraits. I really don't do portraits. They just seem so fake. Perhaps that's why the only portraits I've paid to have of my kids are when they're on Santa's lap.
Sidenote, we went to see Santa on Monday night, and DD is just grasping Christmas with both hands this year. She sat on Santa's lap, made some chit-chat that I couldn't really make out, got the pictures snapped with her brother, then hopped down and asked, "Where's my piano?"
Yep, Santa's bringing her a "piano" - a keyboard, really, and she fully expected him to hand it over right after she asked him for it. Love it!! I can't wait for Christmas morning when she sees that Santa ate his cookies and finally delivered on the presents!
9 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Good luck with the biz. I'll be sure to hire you when we come visit next summer =) By then, you'll be fully experienced in photographing two very active kids.
AWWWWWWW...poor Santa.
If you ever need any models to practice on or need some business, I'm right here for ya!!!
Seriously. I WILL hire you when Three comes along if the St. Joes nurses would allow another extra person in the room... are you up for it? :)
Erin, ABSOLUTELY!! I would love it!
My best friend just had her #3 - a boy! - last night! She just got the new visitor policy, and you can have 3 visitors at a time. Just NO kids (even siblings!!) I think that includes in the delivery room. I know when I had EJ, at that moment when I was about to deliver, they just said, "If you want anyone else in here, you might want to get them in here now!" So I think they really wouldn't have cared if there was an extra person.
I've got 2 more models for ya! (and I'll pay too!) You are a very talented person!
a photographer that i absolutely adore, who specializes in children/babies/families is pinkletoes.
she has a site just for other photogs: http://pt4p.blogspot.com/ she offers quite a lot in the way of business help, marketing, managing, and also photoshop help and templates and all kinds of stuff. have a look, it is totally worth it! all the best and if you need any help camera/photoshop wise, i'll try and help =)
Thanks, Janelle! I could use a ton more equipment, but I guess that's not the kind of help you mean. ;)
I'll check out the site, thanks!!
i need a ton more equipment too. we tend to 'rent' an additional camera and lenses when we have a wedding. its great for trying out new lenses as well.
flickr is also a great place for help and encouragement when you join groups on there. i know there are several child photography groups and what not that have discussions and what nots...
Post a Comment