Thursday, January 28, 2010

Birthdays

I love that DH's family is now dictating to us when we will be having our children's birthday parties. Too bad for them we decided on DS's party date already. That's conflicting with their social calendar, but if they decide that their social life is more important than being here for their grandson's birthday, well then they can SUCK IT.

We already know they'll be in for the nephew's first birthday 6 weeks later. For that, DH says he'll be really pissed if they don't make it to our son's party. Will he voice his anger? Probably not. But I'm growing a pair, and I sure will!

They've also told us when it will be convenient for them for DD's birthday party. I guess we'll see when my parents planned to come into town from out of the country, since travel from a foreign country, in my opinion, prevails.

UPDATE: My parents will be coming in the week of DD's birthday! The in-laws were hoping we'd do her party the following weekend. I think we'll take an easy way out of this and do a friends/my parents party at her gymnastics place and do a his family (since his is the large family) the following weekend at our house.

3 comments:

meg said...

I like your style!

Sarah said...

I have a pair - I'll say something for you!!!!

Becky said...

I like that you have a label of "Grrr"