Monday, February 1, 2010

Toddlerhood and Mobility

DD has discovered make up. At not even 3 years old. She's particularly fond of just digging into my eye shadow and smearing it all over her eyes, as she did this morning. She then donned her dress-up high-heels, grabbed her stuffed animal monkey, and said, "I getting married!" Then she looked at the monkey, took his hand, and said, "Let's dance!"

Isn't she too young for this?

Last night after her bath, she fell into a mood/episode/tantrum that lasted until 10 p.m. I couldn't rationalize anything with her. So I finally gave up and let her tantrum it out on her own, but of course we were afraid of a vomiting episode, so we were on standby...No vomit this time, but her sheets and comforter are being replaced from the previous night's episode.

Meanwhile in baby-land, DS is cruising and has discovered that he can crawl up the stairs. Yes, we're almost fully baby-gated (and then some) but I really don't want to put up the baby gate at the bottom of the basement stairs. It's the only area isn't gated. And I like it that way.

...And he just fell down the steps. Shit. Gotta go.

4 comments:

Erin said...

LOL! This post made me laugh... I especially love the end. I hope he was okay though! ;) I can't tell you how many of my blog posts I could end with, "Child hurt self in some way while I was blogging... must go"

How is your photography stuff going?

Anonymous said...

3 does seem quite young for make-up and weddings and stuff! but wow, maybe i am glad i have all boys =) i'm with erin...oh how many times something has happened while blogging =)

meg said...

Conner had a girlfriend... until he got in trouble for kissing (twice - she was responsible for kiss #2). After that, we put a big stop to the girlfriend thing. He's solo now.

Erin said...

Meg, OMG!!! LOL!