Monday, March 8, 2010

Party's over!

DS's birthday party has come and gone, and my little man is officially one! We had a blast with everyone, and he got some awesome clothes and toys!

My parents came and were great. The took the kids Friday night, thankfully, so we could get some cooking and cleaning done. Of couse Saturday morning was crazy anyway. I got up to start on some cooking, and cut my finger pretty bad on a can. Blood was flung all over the kitchen, I grabbed paper towels, and went upstairs for a bandage, waking up DH who told me t hold my hand above my head. I headed back downstairs to bandage myself and clean up the crime scene, but started feeling light headed. I sat down in front of the sink and called for DH. He came rushing down, and the next thing I know, he's yelling at me to wake up. Yep, I passed out for a few seconds.

Well, that whole incident set me back a half hour at least, but I finally felt better, finished up the cooking I had to do (DH cleaned up the evidence), then headed off to pick up the kids. While I was packing up the kids, my dad gets a call from DH, who is locked out of the house. I got home just as the party was supposed to start, and from there, all was well. But what a day!

The ILs didn't show, with no word if they were coming or not. They did call yesterday to wish DS a happy birthday, but still no explanation. I was pissed. We were heading over to see my parents, so when the kids fell asleep in the car, DH called them to express our confusion, disappointment and hurt. I can't even to begin to explain how that went, but some highlights are that they thought we didn't want them there! Um, yeah.. so sorry we werenmt willing to accommodate you, but my parents already had their plans to be here. Sorry that your social life is more important than your family.

It was a rather long conversation and I really only heard DH's side, but I'm still pretty pissed and I feel like writing a letter or email to MIL. The saddest thing to me is that DH says he just doesn't care. If they're there, fine, but if they're not, he just doesn't care.

Anyway, I don't know what to even say in the thank you note to them (they sent a card). If I do send MIL a letter, I don't want DH to know, but I feel like I need to speak up, too.

1 comment:

nelly said...

i'm sorry to hear that things turned out the way they did with the in-laws. i'm sure its a hard situation to be in. but i'm glad the party went well and that you were too badly hurt! what a way to remember e's 1st birthday though eh?